This Person Does Not Exist
Have you ever wondered what makes us so unique, or maybe why we sometimes feel like we don’t exist, like an anonymous person? Comparing our own experience to those of others? You may be surprised to find that sometimes it is the very thing that makes us unique that helps us be able to empathise with others. To experience empathy for someone else, and have the ability to feel or share another person’s feelings or emotions. Maybe ponder the sonder and consider that each random passer-by is living a life as vivid and complex as your own.
With all this in mind, I have been researching artificial intelligence as a tool to develop new ideas. Specifically, I have been using a free online service that was developed and coded by Karras et al. and Nvidia. An algorithm known as a generative adversarial network (GAN) renders hyper-realistic portraits of completely fake people each time the page is refreshed. With the aim of emphasising the power of A.I.’s ever-increasing power to present as real images that are completely artificial.
Basically, the online resource allows you to explore randomly generated imagery of people that don’t exist. Creating this piece was my first effort to incorporate technology alongside traditional art practices. Despite the outputs being quite creepy, the concept and use of the tool are fascinating to me.
By using the classic quartering technique, much like in seamless surface pattern design, this 4-in-1 painting is secured with high strength Velcro, allowing each quarter to be repositioned easily whenever you want.
I am delighted with the way this box frame turned out for this painting. The hard wood frame has been finished with Danish oil, which enhances the natural beauty of the wood while offering a water-resistant finish. In order to avoid shadows inside the frame, I applied a matte black finish, which also provides contrast around the painting. My custom frames are handmade, and come complete with a simple wall mounting kit.
Features and Benefits
With this one-of-a-kind Acrylic Painting, it shows you own something no one else owns, and is guaranteed to make any home, office or workspace feel unique and special. This original Acrylic Painting is available only at adrianreynolds.ie online shop.
- 4-in-1 painting, never get bored looking at the same picture simply rotate the quarters clockwise or anticlockwise whenever you want.
- Part coated with ArtResin.
- Gold Leaf Detailing.
- Painted on four  Windsor and Newton quality deep edge canvases.
- Custom handmade box frame.
- Signed & Dated on the reverse.
- All artworks are accompanied with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).
- I will be donating 10% of this sale to Pieta House. Pieta House provide a professional one-to-one therapeutic service to people who are in suicidal distress, those who engage in self-harm, and those bereaved by suicide. You can find out more about Pieta House here.
I currently offer FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING for this item, and guarantee no additional hidden charges at checkout.
- This is handmade artwork.
- This is original artwork.
- This is unique artwork.
- This is the only one that exists.
IMPORTANT: Every monitor displays colour differently. If you need more details or photos, please contact me before making a purchase.
Be unique, order this painting now!