Between Twelve 12 and Fourteen 14
The main inspiration for Between Twelve 12 and Fourteen 14 was thinking about all the childhood folklore sayings and rhymes related to superstitions.
Personally, the Magpie rhyme; ‘One for sorrow’… nearly made me a borderline obsessive compulsive. For years, I have been saluting and tapping my elbow three times at one of the worlds most intelligent birds.
- Don’t walk under ladders.
- Spill salt, better quickly toss a handful over your left shoulder.
- Don’t open an umbrella while inside, because it is bad luck.
- If something good happened, better knock on wood.
- Whistling indoors prohibited, because that, too, could bring bad luck.
- Accidentally broke a mirror, that’s another seven years bad luck!
- No thirteenth floor in your apartment/flat or office block?
So poor old number 13 has a long history with many different cultures around the world. Some consider it a symbol or sign of bad luck, whilst others treat it as Lucky Thirteen.
Ever wonder why Friday the Thirteenth is thought to be unlucky? Although, made popular from the 1907 novel ‘Friday, the Thirteenth’, by Thomas Lawson, it is actually thought to be from the arrest of the Knights Templar. King Philip IV of France; who was in debt and running low on funds decided to go after the Templars, and ordered the arrests based on a perceived charge of heresy, on Friday, 13th October 1307.
However, with this Original and Unique Acrylic Painting; Between Twelve 12 and Fourteen 14 will bestowal nothing but good luck on you!
How superstitious are you?
Features and Benefits
With this one-of-a-kind Acrylic Painting, it shows you own something no one else owns, and is guaranteed to make any home, office or workspace feel unique and special.
- No need to frame, edges painted, on quality Windsor & Newton deep edge canvas.
- Signed & Dated on the reverse.
- Between Twelve 12 and Fourteen 14 is accompanied with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).
I currently offer FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING for this item, and guarantee no additional hidden charges at checkout.
- This is handmade artwork.
- This is original artwork.
- This is unique artwork.
- This is the only one that exists.
IMPORTANT: Every monitor displays colour differently. If you need more details or photos, please contact me before making a purchase.
Adrian Reynolds is a Dublin based abstract artist. His paintings are a response to the world that surrounds us. A world that is changing faster than ever before. His work is an exploration of colour, form and texture, placing his work at the intersection between abstraction and representation. His work has been featured in Ireland, the UK and the US.